Cultural heritage monuments

Old and New Manor House

Nový zámekAmong the town's protected cultural sites are the buildings of the New Manor House and the Old Manor House. The two-storey building of the New Manor House was completed in 1750 when the old manor house, mentioned as early as 1705, had been rebuilt. Between 1860 and 1863, the manor house was expanded with a tower and a spire with a spiral staircase being added to the building. The construction work in the manor house building also involved the installation of a new marble staircase with a cast iron handrail made by the ironworks in Blansko. A park was built around the manor house, in which a number of exotic trees were planted. After World War II, the manor house became home to the Business School for Legionnaires, which is marked by a small memorial to the left of the entrance. At a later period the building housed classrooms of the local lower-secondary school while the remaining part of the manor house contained council flats. In 1936 the Town of Studénka bought the New Manor House and the surrounding park from Count Blücher and currently, its Baroque building is used for cultural as well as commercial purposes. The building houses a ceremonial hall, the municipal library, classrooms of the local art school, the Museum of Railway.

Manor House Gate

The stone gate with a wooden door is thought to have been built in 1866 and served as a gateway into the manor house court and the adjacent park.

All Saints Church

Kostel Všech svatýchThe Late Baroque longitudinal single-nave church with a semi-circular closed presbytery was built in the period of 1775 – 1781 on a hillock in the place of an old wooden church. The front façade of the church is a result of refurbishment carried out around 1830. The interior of All Saints Church is decorated with valuable altar paintings by Fulnek's painter J. G. Frommel from 1788-1789. In front of the cemetery wall is a stone cross from 1835.

St. Anne's Chapel

Built in 1540, apparently replacing an old chapel of the same dedication, St. Anne's Chapel is a rectangular chapel with a semi-circular apse and a gable roof. It appears that regular church services were held even during the course of reconstruction; however, at a later period the chapel became desolate only to be restored in 1852.

St. Bartholomew's Church

Farní kostel sv. BartolomějeBuilt in 1880 in the Neo-Gothic style by Ignác Kloss of Nový Jičín, St. Bartholomew's Church stands in the place of an original wooden church from the early 1500s. While the church tower was under construction, a crack was discovered, which resulted in temporary suspension of construction work. After completion, the bells, organ and paintings were brought into the church from the old one, which was subsequently demolished. In the years 1996-1998, major repairs were carried out, initiated by the then parish priest Rudolf Kopecký.

Nová Horka Manor House

Zámek Nová HorkaThe three-winged two-storey manor house was built in the Baroque style in the 1740s in the place of a Renaissance palace by the Vetter von der Lilie family. The building burned down in 1856 and was under repair in the period of 1856-1866. The construction work resulted in changes to the facades and interior, especially on the second floor. Originally, the manor house had a mansard roof with dormers which was replaced with a hipped roof following the repair in the 1850s. The original Baroque ground floor plan was preserved. Since the late 1950s, Nová Horka's manor house has served as a residential care facility for women.

Holy Cross Chapel

Located at Nová Horka's manor house, the Holy Cross Chapel is a rectangular chapel with a semi-circular apse. According to archival sources, the chapel was built in 1729 and expanded in 1775. The chapel's interior was richly decorated with frescos which were, however, painted over in 1970. The immediate vicinity of the manor house features a number of other interesting sites, such as the stone statue of Saint John of Nepomuk from the latter half of the 18th century, a boundary wall with a set of sculptures, and the manor house park with a scenic terrace.